The 9th Expo Pakistan was held in Pakistan’s commercial capital, Karachi. Being an illustrious platform TDAP hosted it’s one of a kind fashion show from 26-27th Feb 2015 at the Pearl Continental Hotel. An array of designers from Lahore and Karachi presented their collections; majority were capsule collections consisting of four to five pieces.The two-day TDAP Fashion Show was choreographed by Frieha Altaf with hair and make-up by Saba Ansari of Sabs Salon, backstage management by Production 021 and Hum TV as media partners.
Here’s our favourite 15 (in no particular order);
1. Let’s begin with this beautiful skirt by Zaheer Abbas. His showcase was entitled, “Ode to Thar” which was a tribute to the women of Thar and their workmanship. The details and colours are splendid.
2. It’s not easy making a parrot print look wearable with such ease.This gorgeous dress is by Maliha Raza and Usman Rehman, the two graduate students of Indus Valley School. Their collection was titled “Flight of birds”. That’s one beautiful dress!
3. Ali Xeeshan showcased a collection of some bold floral prints on cottons, some of which turned out really nice. For my list I’ve featured this print on print dress with poufy sleeves. It gives a very “Alice in wonderland” vibe.
4. Adnan Pardesy showcased a mix and match collection featuring pieces from his previous collection added with some new ones too. This black and white sheer appliquéd shirt paired with white was amongst the best!
6. How fun is that pop artsy skirt!! By PIFD graduate Harris Masood; his collection was titled ‘Dear Dorothy’ and was based on Dorothy Gale of the original The Wonderful Wizard of Oz fame.
7. AHAN presented a fairly wearable collection of majorly white with coloured embroideries. With beautiful shalwars like that one, I think we’re ready to ditch the trousers for summers!
8. Akif Mehmood presented his former collection which was inspired by Spanish bull fighters. I like the merging of a traditional fabric like jamawar used for a very contemporary peplum top.
9. What a beautiful shade of blue that is! Delphi’s handmade silk thread crochet gown looks divine, scattered with sequins, pearls and Swarovski crystals.
11. Nida Azwer presented ‘Bahaar’, she chose the traditional route which of course is what she’s best at. I am loving the digitally printed sharara and all those gorgeous summer colours!
12. Sadaf Malaterre’s collection was very sublime and fuss free using different shades of lime greens. The cuts were western and the silhouette was very fluid. Simple but effective!
13. Another favourite from Sadaf’s collection.
14. Love love love that whole look put together by Mohsin Ali for Sana Safinaz couture.
15. A Nida Azwer classic piece, that is a very tricky yellow! Looks beautiful!